Saturday, June 11, 2016

Book: Fated by S.H Kolee



Genre: Adult, Romance
Year Published: 2012

Synopsis : 
Do you need to love someone to be happy? Does happiness mean a fairy tale ending?
Caden Riley challenged me from the first moment I met him. It was more than his good looks or his fame as a photographer that drew me to him. He offered me things that I never knew I wanted, and didn’t demand more than I was willing to give.
Was I happy? I’m not sure. Happiness is an emotion I’m unfamiliar with. But I finally knew what it felt like to experience real passion. To let go of all my inhibitions and surrender to my desires. It was enough for me, because it was more than I ever expected.
Until Caden tempted me with possibilities. The possibility of a future; the possibility of a life I never imagined; the possibility of heartbreak and never hearing the words "I love you."
Love is a funny thing. It can make you feel like the world is yours to conquer. It can also bring you to your knees. I’m not sure which is my fate




Review :

First of all, let's all put a happy face because this is a stand alone book. No cliffhanger, no waiting time to know the ending, no more hard feeling for the author for keep making us wait and curious
This whole story is pretty common for me. A man and a woman start on having a 'professional' relationship then turn out they have a 'physical' attraction to each other and became enjoying the physical relationship, they knew they both want more but just too scared too try because of each other dark past then the man who never have serious relationship with woman and the woman who try to change the man but fail at the first try. 
In the end, the man realize his feeling for the woman and want her back officially in his life and the rest of it you can guess. 
Oh... did I mention that the are soo many 'adult scene' in this book? Yeah, for those young reader better watch out for that part which takes almost quarter of the book.
As for the character, usually I hooked with one of the character from the book. But this one? No...
Lauren a girl who have a dark past and try to be strong in her whole life. She didn't have the happiness that everybody have in their life until she meet Caden. Well, her characters didn't really have a drastic improvement except that she is became more open to other people as the story go on. 
And Caden, a professional photography who is famous for his 'mature' photograph of woman in their 'peek'. Despite the nightmare that he see in his childhood, he became a close person just like Lauren did. But as the story go on, we all know the reason why it's hard for him to trust people to come into his life. When he met Lauren, there is something change in his life and he is too scared to admit it but in the end of course he learn to trust people and himself..
It's a good story actually but as I says the whole plot seems so cliche and no 'it' factor that will makes this book stand out. So, for those who like this cliche story may like to read this book



Rating : 2.5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment